Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Inspired by a Novel

A few weeks ago, I read Cyndere's Midnight by Jeffery Overstreet. It's the second book in it's series. To me it was about an heiress who...

Was married to the love of her life. However, tragedy found him in the ruins of another house while looking for survivors. After her husband died, Cyndere no longer accepted closed walls to be her playground or cage. She longed to end her life but something kept her from falling into the depths of that dark and unforgiving sea. During her sabbatical the heiress of House Bel Amica decided to sneak out at night to find acceptance for what she'd lost. Along the way she found new friends, dark dangers, healing waters and new strength. Therefore, out of her story this necklace of protection was born!

Introducing... Moonlight Path.



If you'd like to see more pictures of it... just click on the above photo.
So, what do you think? Leave a comment if you can about the necklace or the book. It doesn't matter. I must say that I enjoyed the book so much I made a necklace and named it after the book! ;0). And maybe that wasn't so wise. How did I forget about copyrights? I must have spaced out! Thanks sis for reminding me. So very sorry! It was my inspiration this time around, but it's name is now different (Moonlight path... necklace). By the way, the only connection that this necklace has to the book is that it inspired a handmade jewelry crafter. However, I still think you should read the book (if you haven't already ;0)).

Oh! And if you'd like more info about the book or more info about the Auralia's Colors series, just click to your heart's content. Or if you'd rather be routed to the author's blog The Looking Closer Journal, then go ahead.

Inspiration. Springing from surrounding works.

Jeeks

1 comment:

WordVixen said...

Auralia's Colors is hands down the best fantasy novel that I've read in years. I loved Cyndere's Midnight as well (not as much as Auralia's Colors, but I did love it).

And the necklace is stunning! Perfectly suited to the book as well. And just so you know? I arrived here by Jeffrey Overstreet's tweet about the necklace. ;-)